Re: Geddes's 'Moral Perturbation Theory'

From: Tomaz Kristan (tomaz.kristan@gmail.com)
Date: Fri Jul 02 2004 - 02:24:39 MDT

On Thu, 1 Jul 2004 15:32:11 -0700 (PDT), Thomas Buckner
<tcbevolver@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I had the impression that 'qualia' was simply an umbrella label for the sum of our innser
> sensation, the existence of which is undeniable (all we know, in fact).

I have a hunch - but who has something better to offer than just a
hunch - that qualia are related to self referencing.

Just like paradoxes, for example. When a function becomes its own
argument, strange things happens. A paradox can arise.

Mathematicians therefore don't like self referencing, they try to
eliminate it. But for to be aware of yourself, to experience qualia,
underlying processes have to be a little cross related. I guess.

See me at: http://www.critticall.com