Re: Notice of technical term: "Volition"

From: Samantha Atkins (samantha@objectent.com)
Date: Wed Jun 16 2004 - 16:56:29 MDT

On Jun 15, 2004, at 1:39 PM, Robin Lee Powell wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 15, 2004 at 04:01:44PM -0400, David K Duke wrote:
>> Basically what I'm asking is, will it do this without my current
>> conscious will? Yes or no?
>
> Depends on your currently concious will.
>
> I will people to fall over and die on a regular basis; I'd desperately
> hope that no diety, AI or otherwise, would actually *listen*.

Why do you allow yourself this bit of malevolence, powerless as it
currently is? What good does it do? Are you certain it does no harm
to yourself? Remember, every person you ever encounter is a potential
upload and pseudo-immortal. Do you actually find it worthwhile to keep
an implicit worldview that denies this?

- s