META: One-week cool-off period

From: Eliezer Yudkowsky (sentience@pobox.com)
Date: Sat Jun 05 2004 - 02:58:43 MDT

Things have gotten way out of hand and I think it's almost entirely my
fault. I'd like to ask everyone to temporarily stop posting until
Saturday, June 12th - a one-week cool-off period. If anyone thinks that
I've made another misstep and this is hideously the wrong solution, please
email me privately. If you sent a reply message before seeing this one (I
did, in a sense), then don't worry too much about it.

It's possible that I may have simply been flat wrong in thinking that I
could be a mad scientist and get away with it. If so, I'll have to figure
out some other mode of existence that won't drive me nuts if I need to keep
it up for five years.