Re: FAI: Collective Volition

From: Samantha Atkins (samantha@objectent.com)
Date: Fri Jun 04 2004 - 23:13:25 MDT

On Jun 2, 2004, at 2:32 AM, Eliezer Yudkowsky wrote:

> Let me toss your question back to you: What do you think a devout
> Christian should be said to *want*, conditional upon Christianity
> being false?

What they "should be said to want" is to learn the truth but hopefully
learn it in a way that allowed them to preserve or replace with better
alternatives everything truly helpful they got from their religion.
Doing the demolition of someone's believes is easy enough but is only
destructive. Construction is more delicate.

- samantha