Re: Volitional Morality and Action Judgement

From: J. Andrew Rogers (andrew@ceruleansystems.com)
Date: Fri Jun 04 2004 - 13:04:57 MDT

Michael Wilson wrote:
> But guess what, I /am/ addicted to implementation and /my/
> bottomless pit of arrogance doesn't come from doing theoretical work.

So you've engineered an impressive quantity of arrogance by leveraging a
modicum of competence. That and a looney will buy you a bad cup of
coffee. We've got enough people like that in Silicon Valley alone to
successfully invade a small Latin American country.

Hubris is very cheap, which is why fools always seem to deliver it by
the pallet, and grants about as much stature as a double-wide with
plastic pink flamingos in front. Very few people have the standing to
even attempt to make theoretical ukases, and merely pretending as though
you are currently one of those few people does not make it so in any sense.

As disconcerting as it may be to you, there is no really obvious reason
why people should pay much attention to what you write at this point.
Take that into consideration when posting and eventually this may change.

j. andrew rogers