Re: The Seven Warning Signs of Bogus Science

From: Paul Hughes (psiphius@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun May 30 2004 - 04:56:34 MDT

--- Marian Iskandar <a1c1d14@msn.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 29 May 2004 19:47:46 , "Paul Hughes"
> <psiphius@yahoo.com> said:
>
> >I would also like to point out that Calculus,
> either
> >Newtown or Leibniz, as well as the Special and
> General
> >theories of Relativity by Einstein were all
> developed
> >in isolation.
>
> I would say isolation in the loosest sense of the
> word;

Yes, that was how I was using it, in the same way that
Eli is isolated. Eli corresponds with people, talks
with them on the telephone, participates on this list,
and occasionaly attends conferences. But for the most
part his work is not colloborative but solitary. That
was what I meant, and that was what I was
illustrating.

The previous poster appeared to be attempting to
discredit Eli's work because he works primarly in
solitude.

Paul