RE: ethics

From: Chris Healey (chealey@unicom-inc.com)
Date: Wed May 19 2004 - 16:55:31 MDT

Please bear with me if I am being a bit thickheaded.

If I understand your point, it's that under such a race condition, the
success differential between having a non-functional take-off
capability and a functional take-off protocol patched with poorly
understood probabilistic modules (as minimizally necessary to win the
race) is likely to approach vanishingly small to zero? In other
words, you don't understand the actual problem you are attempting to
solve, and so you're orthogonal efforts are wasted. You will fail.

Hmm, I'm not sure I can disagree there, but also I'm not entirely sure
why I hesitate to agree. I sense my reluctance has something to do
with satisfying the illusion of control over one's fate. That's a big
red flag that I'll have give more attention to tracking.

It's probably a moot consideration anyhow, since taking such a
departure from such a core policy of avoidance would most likely
involve enough data to formulate a more specific response. If that
data was available at all; and not being available, would not really
be a part of the decision.

Am I even close?

Christopher Healey