Re: ethics

From: Aubrey de Grey (ag24@gen.cam.ac.uk)
Date: Wed May 19 2004 - 09:26:33 MDT

This is just to say that I hope this discussion continues and especially
that Eliezer finds time to set out his refutation of John's point in a
fair bit of detail, because it is the key problem that I have always had
with FAI of whatever form but I have never had time to delve thoroughly
enough into the field to discover a cogent refutation (or lack of one!).
By "refutation" I only mean a minimal one: I can't see how the problem
of unpredictability of complex self-learning systems can be avoided even
in principle.

Aubrey de Grey