Re: ethics

From: Robin Lee Powell (rlpowell@digitalkingdom.org)
Date: Fri May 14 2004 - 12:04:32 MDT

On Fri, May 14, 2004 at 01:28:36PM -0400, Tim Duyzer wrote:
> The three laws of robotics are theoretical science first and plot
> elements second. Of course, it will likely be incredibly difficult to
> build such laws into an artificial intelligence, but that doesn't make
> them any less valid.

That's *not* why they are invalid.

*This* is why they are invalid:

http://www.kuro5hin.org/prime-intellect/mopiidx.html

> I would be interested in seeing alternatives to Asimov's 'robot
> morality', though. If you know of a different set of effective laws
> that would protect both human and robot interests, I'd like to see
> them.

Well, there's http://www.intelligence.org/CFAI/ for one...

-Robin

--
http://www.digitalkingdom.org/~rlpowell/  ***  I'm a *male* Robin.
"Many philosophical problems are caused by such things as the simple