From: Michael Anissimov (email@example.com)
Date: Wed Apr 07 2004 - 22:43:39 MDT
A summary of my plans as Advocacy Director so far:
* Act as a formal SIAI representative in meetings, conferences,
* Communicate SIAI's mission to a wider audience by simplifying key
points in CFAI and other SIAI documents.
* Cooperate with SIAI Volunteers in leveraged projects, such as
AsimovLaws.com (Tyler will announce this project in April).
* Increase communication with SIAI volunteers and supporters to
cultivate effective Singularity advocacy.
* Present a talk including a description of SIAI's mission at the
WTA's 2004 Transvision Conference in Toronto.
* Personally contact and explain SIAI's mission to key communities
* Foster respectful and productive dialogue between SIAI and other
For SIAI to implement a Singularity swiftly and safely, it will require
sustained advocacy and support into the indefinite future. Since SIAI is
primarily an online organization, the Internet will continue to be our ideal
ground for opening dialogue, seeking supporters, acquiring important
knowledge, and generally making ourselves known. The vast majority of all
future donors, volunteers, and researchers will be located through the
Internet. That most of SIAI's advocacy will take place on the Internet also
means that all dedicated supporters can pontentially contribute in some way.
Please don't hesitate to contribute to this highly leveraged project.
Feel free to contact me anytime at anissimov(at)intelligence.org.
-- Michael Anissimov http://intelligence.org/ Advocacy Director, Singularity Institute for Artificial Intelligence
This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.5 : Wed Jul 17 2013 - 04:00:46 MDT