Re: De-Anthropomorphizing SL3 to SL4.

From: Keith Henson (hkhenson@rogers.com)
Date: Tue Mar 23 2004 - 16:55:04 MST

At 09:56 AM 23/03/04 -0800, Paul wrote:

>--- Dani Eder <danielravennest@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >

> > > For 4 billion years, DNA was the recording
> > mechanism
> > > of history, the memory of biology. As soon as we
> > > developed language, we no longer needed the slower
> > > form of DNA for memory; by reputable
> > > scientists.)
> >
> > I believe the progression is more complicated than
> > that. First was genetic information storage. Then
> > the genetic was supplemented by the neural.
>
>We are talking about storage that actually gets
>transmitted from generation to generation. Neural
>information died with the host, until epi-genetic
>information transfer became possible - that being the
>logos. :-)

There is no question that currently the epi-genetic information transfer
from generation to generation is much larger than the genetic information
and that prior to chipped rock it was much smaller

The question I would like to see addressed is what year (or rougher unit)
did the crossover occur?

100k years ago? Ten thousand years ago? A thousand?

Keith Henson