Dark matter, weird thoughts for the day

From: entropy@farviolet.com
Date: Fri Mar 12 2004 - 09:47:39 MST

People keep looking for weird particles, etc. to explain dark matter. What
if dark matter is the product of civilization, and what we see is just a
'nature preserve'. Imagine if most stars are surrounded by Dyson spheres
of sufficient size that they radiate near 3K. Would we see them? Would
they be brighter than the background, or dimmer and as a result not easily
visible against it?

Another possibility is that many stars have been disassembled, the
hydrogen being kept in storage for the future for when the universe
would have otherwise run out. Probaby in the form of huge swarms of
gas giants.

---
 A new legal high: 1 tbsp of Dave's Insanity sauce, savor slowly without
 drinking water. As soon as the screaming, running around in agony, and
 thrashing about on the floor is over, you'll feel great, trust me... ]:)
  Be a counter terrorist perpetrate random senseless acts of kindness