Re: [SL4] AI --> Jobless Economy

From: Philip Sutton (Philip.Sutton@green-innovations.asn.au)
Date: Sun Mar 07 2004 - 21:29:43 MST

Hi Charles,

> I've said this in other contexts, but *I* think it bears repeating.
> If it weren't for the actions taken by persons in power, I would feel
> that all reasonable steps should be taken to slow the onset of the
> singularity. As it is, I feel the singularity may represent our only
> hope for survival, dangerous though it is.

Given your preamble on the dynamic of instability in the face of rapid
change, what makes you feel that a coercive oligarchy won't be the
force that actually controls the launch into the singularity ie. that
controls the critical bulk of computational power and other key
technologies?

Cheers, Philip