RE: The Fundamental Theorem of Morality

From: Ben Goertzel (ben@goertzel.org)
Date: Mon Mar 01 2004 - 07:28:39 MST

Marc,

I am not sure that there is a University Morality.

If we take Rafal's statement that morality is all about

"Creating rule systems that will be accepted"

or more restrictively

"Creating rule systems that will be accepted by communities of freely
choosing minds"

then there can be a science about which kinds of rule systems will tend to
be accepted.

If there are universal principles discovered by this science, these might
constitute "universal morality" ?

-- Ben G