RE: Zen singularity

From: entropy@farviolet.com
Date: Mon Feb 23 2004 - 08:23:48 MST

On Mon, 23 Feb 2004, Ben Goertzel wrote:

> MQ, the connection btw Zen and the Singularity is that both reveal the
> limited and largely arbitrary nature of reality as human minds
> conventionally perceive/conceive it!

Another thought on singularity and Buddhism. A very smart and very
eccentric friend of mine (Tesla level) was talking to a visitor that came
to the door. Somehow they got to discussing the nature of reality, the
visitor (new age hippy signature collector) said to my friend "what an
interesting talk about Buddhism" my friend look puzzled and said "thats
not Buddhism thats just a obvious conclusions from science" :)