Re: Ethical theories

From: Tomaz Kristan (me2icq@icqmail.com)
Date: Sun Feb 01 2004 - 05:14:58 MST

There was a goo all around, as recently as 10 billion
years ago. Possibly even 10 million or less.

An ethically neutral Goo, with no pain or pleasure
observable to any sentient. That was a moral ZERO
state, with no qualia.

Later, the function went off the x axis. The sum of
negative qualia could exceeds the sum of positive
occasionally. Or even most of the time. It was entirely
dependent of Evolution, it was just an Evolution's
byproduct, of course.

Now it seems, that we can do whatever we want to with
this qualia generator, also known as the Universe. We
can apparently optimize it to anything, what we wish
to.

Deep inside, we wish to maximize the positive quailae
integral from here, to the end of time. We are already
programmed what to do. We don't want to escape from
this fate of ours - at all!

In other words, Metaqualia is right.