Re: Fwd: It's About Free Speech

From: Tommy McCabe (rocketjet314@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Jan 28 2004 - 04:51:33 MST

That's all very nice, but I don't believe all of us
are MoveOn members, and the last time I checked, this
is the SL4 mailing list, not the free speech advocacy
mailing list. How is this relevant to the Singularity
any more than the World Series is?

http://www.moveon.org/cbscalls.html?id=2285-640333-FRGVKSw5mwfSiqMOir8.NQ

http://www.moveon.org/cbsltes.html?id=2285-640333-FRGVKSw5mwfSiqMOir8.NQ

http://www.moveon.org/cbs/?id=2285-640333-FRGVKSw5mwfSiqMOir8.NQ

> We'll deliver the petition by email directly to CBS
> headquarters.
>
> You also may want to let your local CBS affiliate
> know you're unhappy about this decision.We've
> attached a list of the CBS affiliates in your state
> at the bottom of this email.
> Remember, a polite, friendly call will be most
> effective -- just explain to them why you believe
> CBS' decision hurts our democracy.
>
> Of course, this is bigger than just the MoveOn.org
> Voter Fund. People for the Ethical Treatment of
> Animals (PETA) submitted an ad that was also
> rejected.(4) But this isn't even a
> progressive-vs.-conservative issue. The airwaves
> are publicly owned, so we have a fundamental right
> to hear viewpoints from across the ideological
> spectrum. That's why we need to let CBS know that
> this practice of arbitrarily turning down ads that
> may be "controversial" -- especially if they're
> controversial simply because they take on the
> President -- just isn't right.

=== message truncated ===