Re: Recursive self-improvement curves

From: Mitchell Porter (mitchtemporarily@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Jan 10 2004 - 04:19:17 MST

Samantha:

>OK, so the above doesn't really say that WAP has anything to do with
>whether significant recursive self-enhancement is possible/likely. It
>merely gives an alternative explanation for one argument for the
>possibility. Correct?

Correct... if you think the precedents cited aren't an important
part of the overall argument for the possibility of RSE.

I've just remembered a page from the Wiki which tries to
assemble counterarguments for this and other commonplace
beliefs of SL4:
http://sl4.org/bin/wiki.pl?SingularitarianismObjections

E-mail just got a whole lot better. New ninemsn Premium. Click here