Re: Arrow of morality

From: Metaqualia (metaqualia@mynichi.com)
Date: Sat Jan 03 2004 - 23:32:02 MST

> > What if there are no answers that yield obviously superior results for
> > society? There is no answer, for example, to the meat question -- and
> > yet there is great rage among some about killing and eating
> > animals. Many thorny moral questions have no objective answer, which
> > is why they are thorny in the first place.

There are answers that yield obviously superior results for society.
There is an answer to the meat question.
Develop nanotechnology, then the animals can live and we can eat meat.
Nobody 100 years ago could have thought of this, still the solution was
always there, readily accessible with more knowledge/intelligence.

mq