Re: An essay I just wrote on the Singularity.

From: Randall Randall (randall@randallsquared.com)
Date: Sat Jan 03 2004 - 11:10:10 MST

On Saturday, January 3, 2004, at 11:53 AM, Tommy McCabe wrote:

> Read CFAI 2.2.2. All the dominance of capitalist
> economies proves is that humans have observer-centered
> divergent goal systems (something we knew anyway), not
> that other economic models will never work for minds-in-general.

Entities that have "observer-centered divergent goal systems"
are simply individuals. If there is a group of minds that
are not individuals separately, then the group itself makes
up the individual. If there is no individual at all, then
I question the application of the word "mind", preferring to
substitute "processor" or something.

Any interaction between individuals will be an economic one,
and so far, markets seem to be the optimal economic mode of
interaction.

It may be that you're suggesting that there will only be
one individual after the advent of SI. I hope not, but
we'll see.

--
Randall Randall
randall@randallsquared.com