Re: An essay I just wrote on the Singularity.

From: Tommy McCabe (rocketjet314@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Jan 02 2004 - 18:32:10 MST

Hopefully, any superintelligence, Friendly or not,
would have sense enough to get rid Darwinian evolution
altogether. Darwinian evolution is the most degenerate
improvement algorithm I can think of, and Friendliness
isn't at all stable under it. There is no good reason
why anyone should use it, unless they have nothing
better, and that is most certainly not the case for
superintelligences.