an off-side comment about Friendliness

From: ktpr (ktprktpr@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Nov 30 2003 - 13:20:23 MST

I want to make an off-side comment about Friendliness
that helps me understand its' feasibility:

All social problems are best solved on a social level.
Because the problem "type" and solution match, a
deeper and pervasive cure can be applied. (That's
assuming you can figure out what to do in the first
place).

That being said, however, social problems can often be
presented on a technological platform. For instance, a
massive real-time web broadcast of genocide would
allow me to reach far more people than TV or the
newspaper. These people in turn would inform their
friends and awareness of a social problem grows.

Because Friendliness is a social problem, the role of
technology in solving it is diminished. It's a problem
fixed in the social arena and defined by outsiders.
But it's entirely feasible that the problem can be
presented on a technological level and, eventually,
solved to some extent. This is how I see Friendliness
as being feasible.

cheers
ktpr