Re: META: Killthread; (Re: Edge.org: Jaron Lanier)

From: Tommy McCabe (rocketjet314@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Nov 29 2003 - 07:59:03 MST

Technology, at least under my definition, covers a
very wide range of topics, and simply lumping
something in with "technology" doesn't make it
relevant to SL4. IBM, Intel, AMD, etc., are doing a
very nice job of making chips, and unless AI somehow
requires either specialized types of hardware, or very
thorough knowledge of the hardware it is being
programmed on, there is no need to waste time
discussing it. If it isn't broken, don't fix it, and
don't spend valuable time discussing it. Quote from
Staring into the Singularity- "Ever since the late
90's, the Singularity has been only a problem of
software." The hardware companies can handle the
problem of making fast chips- but we need the code to
make the chips become a Friendly Seed AI. And that's
where SIAI comes in.