Re: "Ground-breaking work in understanding of time"

From: Eliezer S. Yudkowsky (sentience@pobox.com)
Date: Fri Aug 01 2003 - 14:38:30 MDT

 From the press report, I can't get even a vague impression of what this
person is really saying or what anyone thinks of it. Short of seeing the
actual paper or extended comments by actual physicists, I don't see any
good way to figure it out. There is no good way to reconstruct the
original event once it has passed through the filter of a press release.

On a side note, I've read "The End of Time" by Julian Barbour (not related
to this guy) and it has one of the most elegant hypotheses I have *ever*
seen. If beauty were reliably truth and not just the other way around,
Barbour's hypothesis would be a shoe-in.