RE: SIAI's flawed friendliness analysis

From: Gary Miller (garymiller@starband.net)
Date: Fri May 30 2003 - 08:19:42 MDT

> Angels and ministers of grace preserve us, Ben, I hope you were
> talking about an AI and not a human child! Just reach into a human
> mind and tamper like that? Thank Belldandy my own parents didn't have

> that capability or I'd be a nice, normal, Orthodox Jew right now.

Too bad Jeffrey Dahmer's parents didn't interfere with his
self-determination
and seek help for him before he exercised his self-determination and
raped,
tortured , and canibalized his victims!

It is every parent's responseability to provide a positive role model
and encourage
healthy moral development to the best of their ability. I would hope
that
if as child your parents found you mutilating animals they would have
had the
good sense to interfere with your self-determination as well!

I would hope that if you developed an FAI and it developed the habit of
visiting
BDSM and hate group web pages that you would at least exercise some
judgement and
at a minimum question it's motives in doing so!