Re: Matrix Reloaded Non-Review

From: Helge (helge@helge.de)
Date: Fri May 30 2003 - 02:17:01 MDT

On Fri, 30 May 2003, Emil Gilliam wrote:

> The possibilities for making a compelling movie with a workable theory
> of AI are rather less than that of making, say, a summer blockbuster
> about partial differential equations. AI morality, and AI in general,
> is *intrinsically* anti-dramatic.

I have to disagree here. Dramatic movies are always about humans trying to
cope with a situation; whatever is at the core of a situation, be it
dinosaurs, an asteroid, or a chunk of outdated computer hardware called
WOPR, it's ultimately interchangeable.

As a matter of fact, I'm just now working on a novel touching this
topic...

Helge