RE: Failure of AI so far

From: Ramez Naam (mez@apexnano.com)
Date: Fri May 23 2003 - 00:06:26 MDT

From: Samantha [mailto:samantha@objectent.com]
> I think the point is that the more powerful hardware would make the
> AI implemented on that hardware more powerful

This makes intuitive sense. Nevertheless, the opinion of most AI
researchers is that there is a programming bottleneck which limits our
ability to use greater computing power for /general/ AI purposes.
(This is not true for min / max game-playing systems or neural nets,
both of which benefit from the simple addition of computing power.)