Re: Collapsarity

From: TheoryOfEvryThng@aol.com
Date: Tue Apr 01 2003 - 13:13:16 MST

In a message dated 4/1/2003 2:42:13 PM Eastern Standard Time,
me2icq@icqmail.com writes:

> If a Friendly AI is so stupid, that it is unable to
> prevent any kind of degradation of human kind

Wno's to say that it doesn't and hasn't? How do we know that an AI is not at
this very moment managing the world and most of the universe, shifting little
things here and there, creating plagues to wipe out trouble spots, causing
wars to stave off bigger ones. If the interference is undetectable, by
Occam's Razor, accepting that we have two options: something is there,
insanely complex, and invisible, or nothing is there, it's probably more
likely that nothing is there. That is not to say, however, that we may rule
it out of possibility, merely likelihood.