Re: Collapsarity

From: TheoryOfEvryThng@aol.com
Date: Tue Mar 25 2003 - 23:00:22 MST

In a message dated 3/25/2003 11:54:56 PM Eastern Standard Time,
lcorbin@tsoft.com writes:

> By now, we should have seen a large portion
> of the visible universe converted to computronium.

I'm hesitant to be so terse about this, but it has always been my expectation
that perhaps there already has been a singularity somewhere/when else and its
results are simply beyond our comprehension such that any moral questions we
have for it are resolved quickly and easily for an omniscient being (like a
universe-encompassing post-singularity mind) but not at all for us. The
reason I quote here is simply to say that we at our present stage simply may
not recognize computronium for a post-singularity entity. I am even reminded
of the use in (pardon the reference) the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
trilogy of the earth as a computer, though I really suspect that a
post-singularity entity would be more advanced than that.