Re: SL4 Calendar of Events

From: Gordon Worley (redbird@rbisland.cx)
Date: Fri Dec 13 2002 - 07:57:14 MST

On Friday, December 13, 2002, at 03:18 AM, Cliff Stabbert wrote:

> Friday, December 13, 2002, 2:40:27 AM, Gordon Worley wrote:
>
> GW> I've set up an SL4 calendar of events. Currently it just lists the
> GW> monthly #sl4 and #imminist chats. If you know of other events,
> please
> GW> e-mail them to me and I'll add them. These should be SL4 related
> GW> events, and preferably Singularitarian events. Extropians et al.
> can
> GW> keep their own calendars.
>
> GW> You can access it on the Web at:
>
> GW> http://ical.mac.com/redbird/SL4.ics
>
> GW> Or you can subscribe to it if you use Apple's iCal or any other
> GW> calendar program that can read the ics file format:
>
> GW> webcal://homepage.mac.com/redbird/.calendars/SL4.ics
>
> I can't seem to get this working; Outlook 2002 (came with my PDA) /
> IE6 / PC. Tells me it can't import the vCalendar. MS Support lists
> some problems with getting Outlook 2002 into earlier versions but not
> much else. I can still view the .ics as text, of course, just
> wondering if I'm the only one with a problem.

The formatting of the ics file is out of my hand and this is my first
foray into the world of shared calendars so I don't really know much to
help you if it doesn't work. If you can't access it via your calendar
program, though, the Web interface is always available.

--
Gordon Worley                          "Man will become better when
http://www.rbisland.cx/                 you show him what he is like."