Re: Suicide as a Natural Right. (was: Re: In defense of Friendliness)

From: Gordon Worley (redbird@rbisland.cx)
Date: Sun Oct 20 2002 - 07:56:25 MDT

On Sunday, October 20, 2002, at 09:04 AM, Yedidya Weil wrote:

> Also, I suggest you (Gordon) adopt a less cocksure
> attitude. As in when seeing a seeming error on
> another's part, trying to see what they really mean
> instead of assuming they are simply incorrect. This
> attitude is in my experience both more correct and can
> lead to less interpersonal problems.

Write what you mean. If it turns out that you meant something other
than what you communicated, you'll improve your writing when you have
to explain it again.

Furthermore, I didn't even say anything about the use of the term
`natural rights' until someone started to base their arguments on it.
If you talk about `natural rights' but argue like you mean something
else, then I'll let it slide. If you talk about natural rights and
seem to mean natural rights, then we have a problem.

In general, if you say X and X is wrong but you really meant Y, I'll
leave you alone. If you say X and X is wrong and you seem to mean X,
then it's time to say something.

--
Gordon Worley                          "Man will become better when
http://www.rbisland.cx/                 you show him what he is like."