RE: Miller's The Mating Mind

From: Ben Goertzel (ben@goertzel.org)
Date: Sat Sep 28 2002 - 16:22:17 MDT

> > In spite of the quibbles some of us have with Kurzweil's take on the
> > Singularity, I think it's very clear that his forthcoming book on
> > the topic
> > will be helpful with B).
>
> I agree. Mr. K is the only Singularitarian I know who gets invited by TIME
> to join their tech panels and speak his mind in print to an audience of
> millions.
>
> Michael LaTorra

Right. And Ray has spent a lot of time and effort getting himself to that
level in the American media scene.

I wouldn't trade places with him, that's for sure -- I'd much rather be
creating the technology, than weighing my every word carefully, trying
desperately neither to mangle the ideas nor to offend the masses.

It's a very tough job he has taken on, and though he's not doing perfectly,
he's doing way better than anyone else at it.

-- Ben