multiple possible universes

From: Ben Goertzel (ben@goertzel.org)
Date: Wed Sep 18 2002 - 08:58:44 MDT

I think this paper may interest many of you

http://www.idsia.ch/~juergen/everything/html.html

Parts of it are fairly technical, however.

Abstract:
"Is the universe computable? If so, it may be much cheaper in terms of
information requirements to compute all computable universes instead of just
ours. I apply basic concepts of Kolmogorov complexity theory to the set of
possible universes, and chat about perceived and true randomness, life,
generalization, and learning in a given universe."

More comments later...

-- Ben G