Re: Exponential advancement of software

From: Alexander E. Richter (arichter@bubis.com)
Date: Tue Sep 17 2002 - 12:26:08 MDT

At 09:40 17.09.02 -0600, you wrote:

>I have been thinking about this issue some more.
>
>The advancement of software seems to be oddly spotty, actually.

This advancing software has/gives/do:

- large rule database
- a large/deep search-space
- a small kernel
- realtime-answers
- parallel computation increases speed
- humans learn this problem-domain in school
- enhancing human creativity (fun)
- a small advance in software beats much more people (e.g. doubling
rule-set decreases humans by factor 4)

imho, building and connecting 100-400 different idiot-servants (most
"exponential software") gives the wanted GAI and only 2-4 are needed to
start earning money. We are starting with chatterbots and qa-systems.

cu Alex