Re: Skeptic Magazine article on the Singularity

From: Cliff Stabbert (cps46@earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Sep 12 2002 - 18:41:41 MDT

Thursday, September 12, 2002, 8:21:04 PM, Emil Gilliam wrote:

EG> The current issue of Skeptic magazine (Vol. 9 No. 3) (not to be confused
EG> with Skeptical Inquirer magazine) has the article "A.I. and the Return of
EG> the Krell Machine: Nanotechnology, the Singularity, and the Empty Planet
EG> Syndrome," by Steven B. Harris. It is not online -- get thee to Barnes &
EG> Noble and find the dead-tree version.

Curious as to what "the Krell Machine" referred to, I plugged it in
Google and got what could be that article (different title, same
subtitle and author) as the first hit:
  http://www.grg.org/charter/Krell.htm

This article or a predecessor appears to have been discussed on SL4
in January of this year.

--
Cliff