Re: September 11: International Enough Day

From: Yedidya Weil (yedweil@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Sep 11 2002 - 16:55:18 MDT

--- Anand <trans_humanism@msn.com> wrote:

http://www.livejournal.com/talkread.bml?itemid=437161&journal=vyoma

> Written by Bhairavan
> On September 11, let's say "Enough." No more
> killing.
>Take the
> day to remember the
> fragility of human life and all the nightmares
> wrought by those who
> wanted to impose their will upon the whole of
> humanity. Commit no act of
> violence, however small. Let go of any hatred and
> prejudice and thirst
> for revenge and, for one day, see yourself in the
> other and the other in
> yourself.

Excellent piece. For sl4ers, who try to see the big
picture, I would say this compassion for and
identification with all humanity can and should be
extended further, to all sentient beings or even
further (all animal life, vegetable, mineral, etc.
according to each persons ability).

Yedidya

Yahoo! - We Remember
http://dir.remember.yahoo.com/tribute