Re: Rationality and altered states of consciousness

From: Samantha Atkins (samantha@objectent.com)
Date: Fri Sep 20 2002 - 10:45:20 MDT

Gordon Worley wrote:

> This is going to have to be a huge amount of help. See the WTA
> Deathwatch for the numbers. For example, if that person's helping made
> the Singularity occur one week earlier, if he didn't work on the
> Singularity then I think that it would be fair to expect him to see to
> it that the number of people who would have died in any given week make
> it to see the Singularity.

Do you really believe it is simply a numbers game?

There is also the small matter of shaping both the Singularity
and the people to insure, to the extent we can, the best
outcome. This is not simply quantifiable. Nor again, do I
believe creating a Singularity intelligence is sufficient to
solve everything.

- samantha