RE: software progress (RE: Hardware Progress: $319/GF)

From: Ben Goertzel (ben@goertzel.org)
Date: Wed Sep 04 2002 - 22:33:09 MDT

Samantha has now said that she responded to my old posts on programming
languages, in error.

And I thought she was just getting nostalgic ;)

Anyway the conversation reminded me of something that you guys on this list
should know about... an advanced approach to CPU design which is not being
followed up by the hardware industry at all, but really should be. VERY
cool stuff... based on applying the TimeWarp algorithm from discrete event
simulation theory, on the chip level...

http://www.cs.waikato.ac.nz/timewarp/wengine/papers/hipc97/hipc97.html

-- Ben G