Introducing the Singularity

From: Mitch Howe (mitch@iconfound.com)
Date: Wed Sep 04 2002 - 20:52:28 MDT

I've written three new ~1000 word essays that each use different angles and styles to get to the same point: that the Singularity is near and should be responsibly hastened. I have others in the works as well.

I'm hoping that these essays can be used to jumpstart our small but growing library of introductory-level materials. I think it would be great if finding the right document to introduce a friend or acquaintance to the Singularity were as easy as picking out a greeting card from the "Singularity" rack at the store. I'm all for SIAI itself hosting such a Public Relations Desk.

All my works are currently found at this link -- the 3 new essays appear first on the page.
http://www.iconfound.com/empowermentacademy/works.htm

I've done a great deal of polishing on these essays already (special thanks, as usual, to Anand), but further editing suggestions and comments are always welcomed.

--Mitch Howe