Re: Hardware Progress: $272/GFlop/s

From: jg nlb (comptelist@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Aug 26 2002 - 16:16:16 MDT

Hi,

I enjoy very much reading this periodic message.

One suggestion : would it be possible to add some other variables. I mean
it's already a neat thing to compute the Gflop price. But it's not
everything. Example of thing i'd like to know : the speed of the genome
deciphering, when the telomerase can be treated not to shorten,
gain on life expectancy, etc... (kind of stuff people over forty might start
to worry about ...).

Jean Nguyen.

>From: Dani Eder <danielravennest@yahoo.com>
>To: sl4@sysopmind.com
>Subject: Hardware Progress: $272/GFlop/s
>Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 15:37:13 -0700 (PDT)
>

>The cost of processing power continues to drop at
>a Moore's Law pace. Cost has dropped 15%
>in the past the months and by over half
>in the past 9 months.

Affichez, modifiez et partagez gratuitement vos photos en ligne: