Re: interacting multiverse

From: Mitchell Porter (mitchtemporarily@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Aug 17 2002 - 02:09:21 MDT

>'Thinned out' seems plausible.

Actually, 'smeared out' would be better. 'Thinned out' makes it
sound as if fewer photons (say) are getting through, but I'm talking
about there being less quantum interference. There would still
be as many detection events (dots in the pattern).

Also, for the perturbing black hole to be statistically relevant
*within our single world*, there really needs to be one passing by
every time you send a photon through the slits. If it happens just
once, then the distribution of hits *across our multiversal
neighborhood* might be perturbed, but every other time we send a
photon through it will be business as usual, and the one-time-only
perturbation will be drowned out by the usual interference pattern
in the experimental record of each world.