Re: Intelligence and wisdom

From: James Higgins (jameshiggins@earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Jul 16 2002 - 12:06:09 MDT

Ben Goertzel wrote:
> OK, you have pushed me into spending 10 minutes trying to clarify the
issue.

Thank god, the post I always wanted to write but didn't. Thank you Ben,
you managed to come up with something I also completely agree with.
(Ben is more intelligent than myself, plus a bit older, so he is
probalby a bit wiser too...)

The whole Intelligence vs Wisdom thing, I believe, heavily stems from my
attempt at explaining why I tend to trust some people (Ben) more than
others (Eliezer) when it comes to critical decisions (The Singularity).

Thus, you also got it correct that these two concepts don't make much if
any difference to the cosmos.

James Higgins