Re: META: Closed.

From: Eliezer S. Yudkowsky (sentience@pobox.com)
Date: Sat Jul 13 2002 - 15:25:59 MDT

Mike & Donna Deering wrote:
> Eliezer, do you maintain a complete list closed topics? If so could
> we see it?

IIRC the Sysop Scenario and subgoal stomps are the only topics actually
listed on the SL4 main page as being dead horses unless someone has
something really, really new to say. Uploading is also closed because
it never gets anywhere on the Extropians list. Anything that crosses
the border into mundane human politics is banned. I can't think offhand
of other closed topics but I'll let you know if you run across any.

In general, SL4 is not for endless rehashing of the basics. There has
to be somewhere where people can get together to discuss advanced topics
without being distracted. SL4 is intended to serve that purpose. There
are other lists that are general, but SL4 is specialized.