Re: Limiting Internet Access

From: Aaron McBride (amcbride@jps.net)
Date: Tue Jul 02 2002 - 22:54:12 MDT

The basic issue is that nothing is safe. Once the AI is significantly
smart, we can't count on any system to contain the seed AI. There is no
such thing as "safe information retrieval from the Internet", just *safer*
information retrieval.

If the goal of this thread was not to explore ways to contain a seed AI,
then I apologize and would appreciate a clarification statement.

-Aaron