RE: Military Friendly AI

From: Ben Goertzel (ben@goertzel.org)
Date: Fri Jun 28 2002 - 09:25:20 MDT

Eugen wrote
> On Thu, 27 Jun 2002, James Higgins wrote:
>
> > I would tend to worry very little if Ben was about to kick off a
> > Singularity attempt, but I would worry very much if you, Eliezer,
>
> The nature of the person is not relevant, the idea is intrinsically evil.

If you said, "the idea is intrinsically morally ambiguous," Eugen, you'd be
talking sense

It seems pretty clear that [taking a human-race-centric moral perspective,
or just about any other one], the Singularity has potentially good outcomes,
AND potentially bad outcomes, hence is not intrinsically evil.

-- Ben G