RE: How hard a Singularity?

From: Ben Goertzel (ben@goertzel.org)
Date: Wed Jun 26 2002 - 20:04:25 MDT

Michael,

You'll notice that in my post I said that such a committee might make sense
2-3 years from now... not immediately...

I'm an optimist... the reason I picked that time frame was my own perhaps
overoptimistic ideas about Novamente's future AI progress ;->

Well, if some sweet funding falls into our lap, who knows, maybe we *will*
be at vaguely near-human-level AGI in 2-3 years... it's hard to tell. Most
projects take way longer than you'd think, but I've experienced some
exceptions, where after a certain point, things just really nicely fall into
place...

ben g