[spam score 3/10 -pobox] RE: How hard a Singularity?

From: Stephen Reed (reed@cyc.com)
Date: Tue Jun 25 2002 - 17:26:36 MDT

On Tue, 25 Jun 2002, Ben Goertzel wrote:

> I still don't believe that you [Eliezer] are anywhere near to
> understanding the conditions under which a human-Friendly AGI goal
> system will be stable under successive self-modifications... even mild
> and minor ones...

As I desire to create a goal and goal modification system for Cyc somewhat
along the lines described in CFAI, what instrumentation would be required to
ensure correct behavior from a CFAI-style system? Up to now I believed
that simply monitoring each significant decision and its explanation would
be sufficient, as one of the measures described in CFAI.

-Steve

Stephen L. Reed                  phone:  512.342.4036
Cycorp, Suite 100                  fax:  512.342.4040
3721 Executive Center Drive      email:  reed@cyc.com
Austin, TX 78731                   web:  http://www.cyc.com
         download OpenCyc at http://www.opencyc.org