Re: Threats to the Singularity.

From: Eugen Leitl (eugen@leitl.org)
Date: Sun Jun 23 2002 - 02:03:15 MDT

On Sat, 22 Jun 2002, Mike & Donna Deering wrote:

> I think you see yourself as a human being. I think your viewpoint is
> too limited. You have a body, but you are information. Information

Let's put that body through a blender set to "plasma" setting. Now where
it the process "Mike Deering"? Where is that information, for that matter?
Can you point me towards literature that indicate that information is
being conserved? (Entropy is measure of information in a system).
Assuming, the laws of the universe *are* reversible and information *is*
getting conserved, how can I read this from your lightcone and reverse the
time flow to reconstruct the Mike Deering system? (Nevermind the inflation
event horizonts).

> in the form of an agent, functionally constructed to perform
> dynamically in a complex environment. The beginning of this
> information was not your birth as Samantha. You are from the
> beginning of the universe and will last until the end. The
> information just changes form. Your limited viewpoint is the source
> of your discomfort with the future.

You are a mystic. It sure makes dying easier, though.