Re: Fwd: Eclectic Pseudoplague

From: Dani Eder (danielravennest@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Jun 19 2002 - 10:27:25 MDT

Then humans came along and developed
> everything from gunpowder
> to mustard gas to atomic weapons, any of which could
> have wiped out
> significant fractions of humanity but we managed to
> develop the means
> to defend ourselves against these various
> technologies allowing most
> of us to avoid a premature death.

In the days of the Roman Empire, you would send
thousands of legionnaires to a city in order to
destroy it. Nowadays, defense contractors hire
thousands of employees to build the aircraft and
bombs. A smaller number of soldiers deliver the
weapons to destroy a city today, but the overall
productivity in destroying cities hasn't improved
as much as you might think.

Dani