RE: Logistics of Migration

From: Lee Corbin (lcorbin@tsoft.com)
Date: Thu Jun 06 2002 - 20:25:03 MDT

Michael writes

> To Move or to Copy? That is the question.

For what it's worth, this is an extremely simple question in
my value system. Running anywhere, anytime is preferable to
not running there at that time, provided only that life would
be worth living at all then and there.

Challenge question: would you be willing to give up the
comforts of 21st century civilization and live in a faithful
simulation of the 9th century? The catch is that you will
run completely independently in both. Thus you must logically
anticipate both (1) continuing to live here and (2) starting
your new life there. I and one friend have no trouble
accepting this offer, because the version of us running
in the 9th will know full well that he's also living
and enjoying in the 21st. We also assume that if life in
the 9th century becomes unbearable, suicide is an option.

Lee Corbin